Sunday 23 February 2014

Eyebrows

I didn't actually intend on writing and sharing a blog post about what products I use on my eyebrows. However, when photographing a lot of products at once for future posts, the idea suddenly came to me. I actually find it quite interesting to see how others shape/fill their brows, as a lot of the time I’m envious of those who have perfected brows, haha.

Especially with being blonde, finding the right shade is pretty hard. As for being a brunette, normally a simple dark brown works perfectly. But with blonde hair, yes my brows would be darker (and are naturally), but I’m always on the hunt for a ‘good’ light brown. I always find when I purchase a ‘light brown’ eyebrow pencil, the colour once applied is way too warm. But I then realised what I was looking for, was an ash toned light brown, but sadly out of the entire ‘light brown’ brow products I've bought all have been too warm toned. Except one, the e.l.f. eyebrow kit in ‘Ash’. The only sad thing is that e.l.f' isn't very easily accessible, as if I was to order from e.l.f. I would have to do a ‘big shop’ to make it worth it – and I can’t justify doing so. So as much as I love this product, its running low and I would really appreciate suggestions of what other accessible (UK) ash toned eyebrow products there are out there!  

Despite the fact I probably won’t repurchase this, I’m still obviously going to talk about how much I've loved the product. Therefore this weeks post will include what products I currently use to shape and fill my brows!
















e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in Ash | £3.95

Before using my e.l.f. eyebrow kit in the morning, I reach for a brow brush (spoulie), which I use to brush my brows with into a good shape for filling. Once brushed I apply the gel side of the kit through my brows lightly, sometimes I will also use the lighter powder over the top.



Nanshy Angled Detailer brush | (Gift) 

To apply the brow gel/powder I use this Nanshy angled detailer brush as it works wonders for a precise brow. I actually own the Real Techniques brow brush but hardly use it as its very thick, therefore making it hard to apply a precise amount of product. But I do occasionally use this to apply concealer around the eyebrow which gives a more defined look, however I normally miss this step.



Natural Collection LashCare Mascara in Clear | £1.99 

To finish off I use Natural Collections clear Lash care mascara, which yes I know it’s a mascara but works just as well as any clear brow gel to set and keep my brows in place!

Hopefully this helped, as all the products I use are definite recommendations. Especially the e.l.f. eyebrow kit which comes in many colours, ranging from dark to light. Have a lovely week, and definitely leave recommendations for any good ‘ashy light brown’ brow products below!


What do you use to fill/shape your eyebrows?

3 comments:

  1. The elf eye brow kit sounds great amazing price too! My eyebrows are a nightmare to perfect :( I try my best though haha normally I use a mix between auburn/brown then black to highlight the arch and blend! I need to get a clear gel and love how you use a mascara great advice xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tried this kit but always wanted to!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 worth of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really lazy with my eyebrows, I usually just use a dark brown eyeshadow or an eyebrow pencil. Now that you mentioned the clear mascara trick, I think I need to go out and buy one since my eyebrow hairs tend to point downwards which is not a good look!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete